Bi-Directional Flow Meter is ideal for monitoring pump performance as well as measuring fluids in hydraulic circuits and cooling systems where flow is measured in both directions.
The Bi-Directional Variable Area Flow Meter is a high performing oil and water meter available in aluminum, brass, or stainless steel to meet system requirements. It measures bi-directional flow of oils and water, such as in test kits and mobile hydraulic systems. The high pressure operation, multiple ports available, and unrestricted mounting make this flow meter versatile, customizable, and easy to install. The all metal pressure vessels provide a safe and reliable, performance.
- Measuring Accuracy:±4.0% of full scale
- Flow Measuring Range:0.5-100 GPM (2-350 LPM)
- Maximum Operating Pressure:Aluminum and brass meters: 3500 PSIG (240 Bar) Stainless steel meters: 6000 PSIG (410 Bar)
- Maximum Operating Temperature:240°F (116°C)
- DescriptionTechnical Specifications
Pressure Differential GraphsPart Number GuideDownloads
- Choice of Materials: Select from aluminum, brass or stainless steel to meet system and liquid requirements.
- Unrestricted Mounting: Allows for horizontal, vertical or inverted installation and does not require straight plumbing on inlet or outlet.
- Bi-Directional: Measures bi-directional flow measurement for liquids.
- Rugged and Reliable: These meters are constructed with all metal pressure vessels that allow safe & permanent installation.
- High Pressure Operation: The magnetically coupled follower design allows operation to 6000 PSIG.
- Multiple Ports Available: Standard selection of NPT, SAE and BSPP ports reduces the amount of adapters required.
±2.0% of full scale
±1% of full scale
Flow Measuring Range:
0.5-100 GPM (2-375 LPM)
Maximum Operating Pressure:
Aluminum and brass meters: 3500 PSIG (240 Bar), Stainless steel meters: 6000 PSIG (410 Bar)
Maximum Operating Temperature:
240°F (116°C) Note: for operation to 600°F (316°C), see our High Temperature Data sheet.
Standard Calibration Fluids:
Oil meters: DTE 25® @ 110°F (43°C), 0.873 sg
Water meters: tap water @ 70°F (21°C), 1.0 sg
74 micron filter or 200 mesh screen minimum
Materials of Construction:
Window Tube: Polycarbonate
Window Seals: Buna-N, PTFE option
Casing & End Ports: Anodized Aluminum, Brass, or Stainless Steel
Seals: Buna-N, optional EPR, FKM, or FFKM
Transfer Magnet: PTFE coated Alnico
All other internal parts: Stainless steel